12th Summer School on IoT and its Applications, SenZations 2017, Limassol, Cyprus
SenZations 2017 Summer School will be held in Limmasol, Cyprus from July 2nd to July 8th, 2017 at University of Technology.
SenZations, successfully sharing knowledge since 2006, is now the world’s oldest summer school on IoT.
SenZations has selected Cyprus as this year’s venue. Packed with a dense schedule of high quality lectures, hands-on tutorials and project work sessions delivered by leading experts in the field, you will acquire cutting edge IoT knowledge and skills that you can apply directly to practical problems and projects in your work life.
Besides learning about recent IoT technology trends, SenZations also offers a business track where you can empower your knowledge with real entrepreneurship knowhow. This year business track will bring Creative Entrepreneurship challenge to Cyprus.
Join us, meet peers and leading researchers, expand your network of contacts and work in interdisciplinary teams in an inspiring and fun environment!
The aims of the summer school are to:
• Provide access to insights about the latest IoT technologies, market and research trends and emerging applications
• Gain hands-on experience on developing IoT solutions
• Create your own IoT product on top of a live LoRaWAN testbed deployment
• Learn about security, privacy and societal aspects of IoT
• Identify research opportunities, important challenges and research directions
• Interact with experienced researchers and entrepreneurs and establish new contacts
• Empower knowledge in Creative Entrepreneurship
• Have fun and enjoy the beauties of an island while acquiring new skills and expertise
Each day will feature lectures with subsequent discussions around important IoT research themes and technology areas:
• Emerging IoT networking technologies such as low power wide area networks
• IoT application enablement platforms
• IoT security and safety
• Applications of IoT in retail, health care and agriculture
• IoT semantic and analytics
• Virtualisation of IoT edge devices
• Innovations in IoT business models and policy
Hands-on-tutorials: Learn how to connect and programme your own LoRaWAN enabled IoT device and extend it into a product idea.
Hackhathon: Work in teams comprising technical and business focused members in order to design and deploy IoT solutions on different IoT device and application enablement platforms, together with analysis of their market potential.
Supported by the excellent lecturers and senior researchers from the academy and industry SenZations has attracted more than 900 students during the past 11 years. Our 12th rendition of SenZations in Cyprus will include more young and talented researchers from across the Europe and other parts of the world.
Join us, share knowledge, learn and have a fun with us in Cyprus.
For all other information do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or local organizer Lambros Lambrinos, IoT Lab – Cyprus University of Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org
SenZations 2017 Organizing Committee