The EuroIA summit is Europe’s leading Information Architecture (IA) and User Experience (UX) conference. EuroIA 2016 takes place from 22 till 24 September in Amsterdam, at the Renaissance Hotel. It is a 3 days conference with workshops in the mornings and talks in the afternoon.
Our theme this year is “Connected Things Amongst Us”. Our work as information architects and UX designers is no longer confined to web pages or even the browser. We design and shape digital solutions for an ever more complex world full of connected things. And we rarely do this from scratch. The contexts are often so complex that we cannot define every detail and aspect of our solution.
We are challenged to architect systems:
– which are ecosystems of connected devices;
– which provide cross-channel user experiences;
– where humans can barely intervene in the cybernetic interplay of sensors, processors and actuators (e.g. in logistics);
– where algorithms do the job and humans are hired for sub-tasks (e.g in financial or legal services);
– where businesses and networks drive their power from connectedness;
– for internet of things devices.