Intel Workshop: Prototyping IoT Products with the Edison Board (50 seats)
About this event
This workshop is a replica of the one organised on the 2nd of Feb and the 23rd March. So if you have already participated please don’t RSVP. Thank you! Â
Learn how to setup and create new projects and deploy templates and sensors on an Edison board with the help of experienced Intel engineers and start building your IoT prototype!
This is an introductory session for beginners, so if you don’t know how to get started with an Intel Edison board this workshop will be just for you!
We will soon be holding other Edison workshops (intermediate and advanced level) for those more experienced members who are already familiar with the Edison board.
You can find out more about the Intel IoT Developer Kit at the Intel Developer Zone.
The Edison boards for this event will be kindly provided by Intel.
IMPORTANT: Please bring your own laptop with you.
– Get introduced to the Intel developers platform.
– Understand the benefit of using Intel Edison boards.
– Learn how to setup and deploy templates and sensors on Intel Edison boards.
Prereqs & Preparation
– Please bring your own laptop with you.
– Intel IoT XDK installation is strongly recommended to save you time during the workshop. Download the installer here. Select “Intel XDK IoT Edition” for your OS (Windows, Linux or Mac OS X). The Intel XDK IoT User Guide can be found here.
– Windows users please also install Putty here.
– If you already own an Intel Edison board feel free to bring it with you. If you would like to purchase one instead follow this link http://bit.ly/1ReUhxQ
6.00 – 6.20pm Check-in. Welcome drinks and pizza
6:20 – 6.35pm Workshop opening
6:35 – 9.05pm Workshop session
9.05 – 10:00pm Drinks and networking
About the instructors
Scott Ware – Application Engineer at intel
Scott Mordue – Head of IoT Developer Marketing at Intel
Sergio Martinez Rodriguez – Software Architect at Intel
Johnny Chan – Intel Innovator
Maker Wharf – Maker Wharf is an inclusive hub for entrepreneurs, creative individuals and teams looking for space and community in East London.