Seminar on Cyber Security Incident Response Program (CSIRT) and Plans
Cyber Security Incident Response Program is a must for any organization using the Internet. It must be robust yet flexible. Unfortunately in spite of all of the Cyber Events, many companies are taking a long time to respond. Teams must be trained and have written procedures. Time is critical in responding to an incident. Every incident costs the organization, money and reputation.
In this session you will learn:
• Best practices and the standards that make up a great Cyber Incident Response Program
• Learn what teams should be part of your CSIRT Team
• Get insight into how to create CSIRT Playbooks and Management Plans
• Learn how to conduct inexpensive tests of the CSIRT Teams and Programs
• This program will help you determine your current Gaps and provide milestones for correcting the Gaps
Why should you attend?
Your Organization must be prepared to respond to a Cyber Incident
• On October 3, 2013, The Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States of America discovered that there was a cyberattack Hackers made it through their network during its regular monitoring of security check.
• As Target continues to respond to the security breach that has now been estimated to affect up to 110 million people by NBC News.com, analysts continue to zero in on the statements and actions by CEO, Gregg Steinhafel.
• TJX Corporation, a major retailer with stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, and even the United Kingdom, experienced one of the largest security breaches. Millions of their customer’s credit and debit card information were stolen over a seventeen month period. TJX is the parent company of chains such as TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Homegoods, and a host of retail stores across the US and Canada.
Do you feel safe enough to bet your reputation on your current CSIRT Plan Areas Covered in the Session:
• Best Practices
• Documenting for your Organization
• Testing for your Organization
• How to maintain the program and keep it current
Who will benefit:
• Chief Security Officer
• Risk Managers
• Chief Information Officer
Day 1 Schedule:
Lecture 1: Where to Start
Lecture 2: Standards and Best Practices
Lecture 3: ISO and Information Security as a Guideline
Lecture 4: Researching Your Industry
Lecture 5: Event vs Incident
Lecture 6: NIST, SANS and More
Lecture 7: Planning Team
Lecture 8: Operation Sequencing for CSIRT
Day 2 Schedule:
Lecture 1: Developing and documenting your Program
Lecture 2: Developing and documenting your Plan
Lecture 3: Developing and documenting your Playbooks
Lecture 4: Creating your CSIRT Team
Lecture 5: Team Training
Lecture 6: Testing and Types of Tests
Lecture 7: Maintenance
Dr. Michael C. Redmond
MBCP, FBCI, CEM, PMP, MBA, PhD, Major (US Army Reserves Retired)
• CEO and Lead Consultant for Redmond Worldwide www.redmondworldwide.com Dr. Redmond is an International Speaker, Author, Trainer and Consultant.
• Dr. Michael C. Redmond helps organizations create great Cyber Incident Response Programs. Her vast background includes consulting as a Sr. Manager for both Deloitte and KPMG for 7 ½ years, and 9 years with Redmond Worldwide She has developed, documented and trained in this area for years. Dr. Redmond is aware of many of the most recent incidents and why some of their plans did not work.
• Dr. Redmond has a strong Compliance background. She is up to date on ISO 27001, HIPPA, CMS, FFIEC and more. She was an Adjunct Professor for New York University and John Jay Master’s Program in Continuity of Business after an Event.
• As a Cyber Security Subject Matter Expert, advisor, and consultant for Cyber Security projects, she has improved the Incident Management process by:
• Defining the business requirements for a regulatory reporting function in a Cyber and in the Industry environment
• Designing full training program as well as table top and simulation testing. Executing an Incident Drill using the Plans and Playbooks and ensuring that the procedures are executed, finalized and the response teams are trained.
• Developing Cyber Security Incident Response plans
• Developing full Breach Incident Response Plan that ties in with the Enterprise Risk Management, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity programs.
• Identifying gaps and closing those gaps
• Meeting best practices, including NIST (National Institute Standards and Technology), ISO 27001, Cobit 4.1 and 5 in planning, testing and documenting.
• Reviewing the current policy and procedures
• She served as an Adjunct Professor for Continuity Management at New York University and the Master’s program at John Jay College. She served on the Boards of the New York Chapter for Association of Contingency Planners, Contingency Planners Association and NY Chapter of the Communications & Electronics Association. Currently responsible for event speakers for the Western NY Chapter of ACP.
• Dr. Redmond is an author, an International Speaker and Trainer. She spoke in Nigeria and was endorsed by Gen Yakubu Gowon, Past Head of State. She served as the attaché to Chile for a special Speaking and Training project at the request of the President of Chile. Ms. Redmond trained Agencies for the New York City Department of Health and Mental Health on Continuity of Operations Training. She recently spoke in Angola and trained over 50 corporations.
• Her speaking Credits include: Emergency Management in Chile, World Conference on Disaster Management in Toronto, Continuity Insights Conference, Disaster Recovery Journal Conference, Contingency Planning Exchange, AICPA, IDRA, Princeton Club, and Union Bank of Switzerland Conference. She has written and recorded many Audio CD series to include Business Continuity Management, COOP & COG, Cyber Security available at www.rwknowledge.com
• Dr. Michael Redmond is available for consulting and speaking projects for Government and Private Enterprises. She may be contacted at
firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ or by phone at 917-82-5453. Location: San Francisco, California Date: December 3rd & 4th, 2015 Time: 9 AM to 6 PM
Venue: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport
Address: 835 Airport Blvd., Burlingame CA 94010-9949
Price: $1,295.00 (Seminar for One Delegate)
Register now and save $200.
Until November 15, Early Bird Price: $1,295.00
From November 16 to December 01, Regular Price: $1,495.00
NetZealous LLC – DBA GlobalCompliancePanel
161 Mission Falls Lane, Suite 216, Fremont, California
USA Phone: 1-800-447-9407
Registration Link – http://bit.ly/1Moj7ic
More details about the event can be found at: http://www.globalcompliancepanel.com/