#SMWF – Day One – AM: Things to think about…
Welcome to Social Media World Forum Europe 2010. Doors open at 8.00 this morning, with the conference kicking off at 9.00. We’ve got some great sessions for you today across all conference tracks.
In track one, we’re looking at the impact of social media on the internet, on the way we live and do business. We’ve got some great speakers, with Joshua March, CEO of Conversocial chairing the action.
Here are some handy links to a bit of further reading around the socialisation of the internet, the Track One keynote session, kicking off around 09.30.
- Mashable – The 10 Stages of Social Media Business Integration
- Social Media Today – The Fallacy of Social Media Reciprocation
- Telegraph – Majority of FTSE 100 ‘fail’ at social media
Then at 10.30, we’re talking about social reputation with representatives from Peer Index, Klout, Ecademy and Reputation Online. Here are some related articles that might provide some food for thought before this session:
- BrassTackThinking – Going Beyond Social Media Reach
- IB Times – 10 ways to build your brand reputation
- Introducing PeerIndex: A New Companion to Klout for Social Media Influence Measurement
- Social Media Today: In defence of Klout measurement for social media influence
Track one’s next session is all about marketing strategy. How do you integrate social media into your existing marketing strategy, and how do you come up with the killer content that will get you noticed? Russ Lidstone, CEO of Euro RSCG London will be joined by a number of experts to provide some insight on these key questions.
- TheNextWeb – Inside the social media strategy of a progressive think tank
- MyCustomer – Ten steps to prove the ROI of social media marketing
We’ve got Peter Young from B2B Marketing chairing Track two’s B2B marketing discussions this morning. First up we’ll be talking about social media marketing for B2B, with a panel of industry expertise. Here’s a bit of further reading:
- TheNextWeb – How to integrate social media into B2B companies
- b2b Marketing – Losing your voice in social media
- MarketingWEB – Social media strategies for business-to-business marketing
At 10.30 Zoe Sands from Juniper Networks will be presenting a case study around leveraging mobile social media for business, followed by a look at how a number of successful brands have been able to use social media. Have a look at these:
- The Social Customer – How B2B companies are using communities to get closer to their customers
- Forbes – Social media now essential – How will B2B respond?
Then at 12.15, after the coffee break, finishing off Track Two’s first session, we’ve got a discussion about how businesses can use social media for internal communications and employee engagement.
- ezine – Social Media Tools – Ten Ways to Increase Employee Engagement
- Computer Weekly – Social media policy: Seven questions to ask
Our free-to-attend Social Media Hub is a bonanza of top-class social media advice and insight this morning.
We’re starting off with our chair, renowned journalist and social media expert, Guy Clapperton. Then launching into a session on the basics of social media marketing with Gerrie Smits, the co-founder of RAAK.
At 11.35 we’re looking at the legal and ethical framework of social media marketing, with Barry Bridges from Tempero, followed by a session looking at the importance on privacy and security with MyCube and CIPR.