Social Media World Forum Doubles Attendance Figures
The Social Media World Forum – www.socialmedia-forum.com– opens its doors next week, and announced that attendance has doubled in size from last year to over 4,000 pre-registered attendees, surpassing show targets and expectations. The organisers also mentioned that over 40 different countries were represented, making it a truly international show and a key place to network on the social media calendar.
Social Media World Forum is now firmly established as Europe’s leading social media event. With 5 supporting conference streams, over 300 speakers, free to attend workshops and exhibitions, and a fantastic ‘Social Shindig’ networking party on the first night.
Attendees will learn about how social media is impacting their business in an enjoyable and relaxing environment. The show covers the latest in brand engagement using social media, monitoring social media campaigns, brand building using social media, b2b social networks, social media & pr, virtual currencies, gaming, applications and many more. Ian Johnson, Director of Six Degrees, organisers of the event, commented
“I’m not surprised about the overall interest in social media, but I’m particularly delighted how we’ve reached out to the wide range of industries and particularly a broad range of European attendance. Social media is becoming a key facet of all marketing communications and pr strategies, and this show is aiming to embrace the latest trends, tools, an techniques in this area. ”
Leading speakers announced include:
* Kevin Eyres, Managing Director LinkedIn Europe
* Stephane Panier, Global Head, Bebo
* Trevor Johnson, Head of Strategy and Planning, EMEA, Facebook
* Freddie Laker, Director of Digital Strategy, Sapient Nitro
* Penny Power, Founder, ecademy
* Alex Miller, Head of Jam, i-level’s Social Media Unit
* Lucas Herscovici, Global Head of Digital and Innovation, Stella Artois & Beck’s
* Lorenz Bogaert, CEO, Netlog
* Peter Crosby, COO, Viadeo
* Allison Wightman, Head of Marketing Systems, Virgin Atlantic
* Dr. Helmut Becker, COO, XING
The social media world forum will be taking place alongside four other conference streams including;
Mobile Social Media Forum – www.mobilesocial-networking.com
Social TV Forum – www.social-tv.net
Enterprise Social Media Forum – www.enterprisesocialmedia.net
Cloud Computing Congress – www.cloudcomputingcongress.com
Delegates can register online at www.socialmedia-forum.com by fax on +44 (0) 117 9468871 or via our telephone +44 (0) 117 9468870.